FAQs, Policies + Procedures
- must be 18 years or older
- subscriber may only pause or cancel your subscription after the first four subscription charges have processed via your account at houseoflilac.com, or by calling, emailing or providing written request to house of lilac at any time.
- in order to facilitate the subscription, you agree to provide a valid credit card that you authorize house of lilac to charge, via a third-party recurring charge service (Bold Apps), for the duration of the term. if the provided credit card becomes invalid, you will be considered an inactive subscriber and release us from your subscription terms until valid payment method is added.
- will only benefit from program perks/subscriber benefits when subscription is active
- stem bar card is redeemable only in-store on stem bar flowers and may not be applied to any thing else
- this is a pick-up only program
- there are blackout dates around key holidays including but not limited to valentine's day and mother's day
- up to two subscription credits may be redeemed per month
- bonus value expires at the end of each calendar year
2. Are fresh flowers available in all gift box orders? Daily Fresh flowers are options in almost all hand delivered gift box purchases. Any shipped orders will include seasonal bunch of dried flower(s).
3. How will the flowers survive? Our gift box flower arrangements arrive in a small vase with water. Our daily flower bouquets are are wrapped in eco-friendly hydration wraps (vases can be purchased as add ons). All of our flowers come with flower care instructions but upon arrival, we recommend: 1) checking the water level immediately and adding cool water if needed; 2) displaying the bouquet in a cool location out of direct sunlight and avoiding excessively hot or cold areas such as ac and heating units; 3) and removing flowers from the arrangement as they die to prolong the life of the remaining flowers.
4. Can I pick my flowers? Unfortunately, flowers cannot be picked - the flowers of the day are seasonal and are dependent on the flowers available at market that week and day.
5. What are House of Lilac fresh flower bouquets? Our fresh flowers bouquets are a high quality selection of florals conditioned, cleaned, styled and wrapped in kraft paper. Please note, these are not floral arrangements; they are cut floral stems and greens, hand picked fresh from the floral market, styled, and bundled in house. They are meant to be arranged by the recipient upon receipt to their taste and liking. They are hydrated during transit. Vases can be purchased separately as an add on.
We highly advise that the recipient unwrap the bundle immediately upon receipt, fill a vase about halfway with fresh water, and arrange the florals to their liking.
*Please note that we will not be held responsible for the condition of bouquets once the florals and their quality are confirmed and signed for by the person receiving the bouquet.
6. What are your delivery fees? Our hand delivery fees vary per location and range from $18-$35 depending on the delivery zone. See below delivery zone pricing:
Zone 1 - $15
Zone 2 - $18
Zone 3 - $20
Zone 4 - $25
7. What are your shipping fees? UPS Ground shipping fees are approximately $15 per package. UPS 2nd Day or Next Day shipping are also available at an additional cost but are dependent on the recipient's location.
8. How often are hand deliveries made? Deliveries are made Tuesday-Friday. You can calendar your delivery date in the CART page at checkout. Same day deliveries are available on delivery days; however, these orders must be placed before 12:00 p.m. that day.
9. Can I request a delivery date? We certainly welcome local delivery date requests. Please use the calendar on the cart page to schedule all of your deliveries.
10. How fast will my order ship? All shipped orders will be shipped within three business days of receipt via UPS Ground. Please note that UPS Ground ship times differ based on the recipient's location. For instance, deliveries to the east coast should arrive within three business days, while deliveries to the west coast should arrive within five business days. We cannot guarantee exact times for Ground shipments.
11. Will my package be safe in transit? House of Lilac packages and protects its packages extremely carefully for all shipped orders to avoid breakage during transit. However, accidents do occur and House of Lilac will not be held responsible for the shipping carrier's negligent mishandling.
12. Can I request a specific delivery time? Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept requested delivery times; however, for teachers or anyone who happens to leave by 2, we can push them up to the top of the delivery queue, just make sure you contact us to let us know.
13. What happens if the recipient or anyone is not available to receive the flowers personally? If the recipient or anyone is not available to receive the flowers, we will contact the recipient, and if they don't respond, they will be left at their front door (where flowers are involved weather plays a big role in our leaving the florals). If the weather is not cool enough for the flowers, the flowers can be redelivered the next business day but the gift giver will be responsible for an additional delivery fee. House of Lilac will not be held responsible or liable for any stolen or damaged gifts subsequent to the delivery
14. What is the delivery process? We deliver orders between 1-6pm. WE TYPICALLY REQUIRE SIGNATURE UPON DELIVERY, but during COVID things have changed. We will knock to notify the recipient of our arrival and if they don't open, we will first call them (if we don't get in touch with them, we will call you, the sender) and then leave the flowers or gift right at their front door, in the safest spot we can find (under roof, of course). If you already know they WON'T BE HOME and you would like us to leave the flowers or gift out front, please let us know so we can notify our drivers in advance. *Note: we can't guarantee flower freshness or safety if left outside for too long so if someone will be home, that would be the best case scenario!
CONDOS, APARTMENTS, OR GATED COMMUNITY DELIVERIES: Those delivering to condos or apartments - please make sure you included any pertinent gate codes or instructions. If there is a front desk doorman, we will leave the flowers or gifts with them and will require signature; however, please know that in our experience, some doormen will keep flowers overnight or for extended periods of time, especially during COVID times. We would suggest checking in with their front desk on the day of delivery.
HOSPITAL DELIVERIES: Currently, we DO NOT recommend delivering to hospitals due to stringent COVID hospital policies. If you placed a hospital delivery order, you can email us here to arrange a different delivery address or call us at the shop 305.392.1297. Nevertheless, we will be contacting you to resolve this issue shortly.
15. What if I placed an order for pickup? If you placed an order for pickup, we're getting it ready for your arrival and can't wait to see you! Not sure if you're order is ready? We always have orders ready by the pickup date you chose. If you didn't choose a pickup date, call us to arrange one 305.392.1297 or don't fret - we'll be sending you a text once everything is done (typically 1-2 business days).
16. What if I booked a small event package? If you booked your small event with us via the website, we'll get back to you in the next few days to discuss logistics.
18. Is there a cutoff for notifying House of Lilac of any issues? Since we sell a perishable, we cannot address issues that arise if we are notified after two weeks of flower(s) receipt.
19. Can I get a price adjustment if I miss a promotion? We do not offer price adjustments on flash sales or daily deals. For weeklong promotions, however, as long as the order is made within one day before the promotion begins, we can adjust accordingly.
19. Does House of Lilac offer refunds? We do not offer refunds.
20. Does House of Lilac offer a fresh flower guarantee? Yes, so long as policy requirements are met, House of Lilac offers a 3-Day guarantee on our fresh flowers. In order to file a claim for our guarantee we need you to: (1) notify us via email at email@example.com upon receipt of the damaged flowers (2) include photos of the damaged flowers and the entire arrangement/bouquet (i.e., send a photo of the entire thing and detail photos of the flowers in question). If the entire bouquet/arrangement is damaged, we will provide a complete replacement. If there are a few damaged individual flowers, we will provide replacement stems. If for some reason flowers cannot be sent to the recipient (they are out of town or cannot receive them), we do extend store credit when issues arise.
21. Does House of Lilac offer a dried flower guarantee? All of our dried flowers come with an in-your-hands-damage-free guarantee. If something goes wrong while the package is in the logistics carrier’s hands, please email us a photo of the flowers (the whole bouquet/arrangement, plus any specific damaged stems) within three days of receiving the package, and we will be more than happy to review, confirm damage, and replace accordingly at our expense.