melanie is currently...
• my goal is to make this section as riveting as Cristie's but because I'm at least 100% more boring than her, I can't promise you that. I am currently obsessing over organizing my house. Casa al Dia hosted our November Flower Club event at the shop and talked about organizing every inch of your house and the benefits to your energy and I. AM. SOLD. I can't wait for December 26 aka the day I'll give all my money to The Container Store and IKEA.
• the holidays - my husband and I have this discussion every year where he begs me to decorate the tree with colored christmas lights (i know, you just died inside) and I argue for white christmas lights. And I typically win. With reason because colored Christmas lights are reminiscent of the 1970s. But this year, I gave in because he deserves to love the tree, too. But mainly because I found these vintage cuties AND because I will be decorating the tree with ONLY white ornaments. There is a silver lining to every situation.
• HOLTV - we just launched a new YouTube channel that's about to house all the curriculum we've been filming for 6 months! Baking, cooking, home organizing, flowers. Check it out and subscribe to see all the good that's coming your way!
• BRAVO and absolutely nothing else because I work too much (something I need to do less of). Real Housewives of Dallas and Million Dollar Listing. Don't judge me if you haven't watched RHOD--it's binge worthy!!
• for splurge, this bag. I try to buy a good handbag once or twice a year and this one is vintage and I'm all about it.
• as mentioned above, to organize my house. I just learned that there are organizing tools to store your tupperware, pots & pans, and to create more space in your pantry and my endorphins are on another level. See here for pantry shelf, here for tupperware storage, and here for pots & pans storage.
• a labelmaker. Does this make me 75?
• the new Karl Cease book on Audible, titled the Illusion of Money (great read!).
• i am in agreement with Cristie - too much postmates. It's season for us, we've worked for about a week straight already, and we need immediate nourishment!
• I am looking for a new riveting read. Suggestions welcome! But on the personal development side, I am trying to start Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo (her and her YouTube channel are my new obsession).
• limiting beliefs!! If you're into these things, number one, join Flower Club. We just lowered the price to $75 A YEAR and have taken the entire thing digital. You're working on yourself every single month and becoming a better person in the process! Number two, my friend Gaby Abrams (also a FC member), has so much content on overcoming limiting beliefs and she's doing amazing things right now so check her out!
cristie is currently…
• charlotte tilbury makeup I got my makeup done for a St Jude event at nordstrom and I am loving all my new products from this brand. I am especially loving the lipsticks and this one has become my go - to. It is also named after my girl, JK Rowling so it's a match made in heaven!!!
• the holidays - I seriously got to reign myself in when it comes to the holidays! I want everything and all things holiday and I legit want my house to be a festive wonderland of autumn and then christmas! Also as someone whose love language is gift giving, I really try to get as thoughtful as I can with my present giving. I already have a running list in my iPhone with preliminary ideas. And you better believe, I love all things christmas movies, specials, songs, candles - basically anything branded Holiday - I am here for. Let the hallmark christmas movie watching begin...
• The Morning Show I love my morning shows (Today Show Forever!) and as soon as I saw the trailer for this Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon Apple TV show - I was in. So let's add AppleTV to things I am subscribed to. I binged the first 3 episodes (the next 7 episodes are released weekly) and I am anxiously awaiting the next one!
• Downton Abbey Movie - As someone who is a full on anglophile, I love Downtown Abbey and didn't realize how much I missed it until I saw the movie. True story - I am in a Downton Abbey group chat. Earlier this year, we took the Brightline to the Downton Abbey exhibit in Palm Beach (dressed in white gloves, naturally). So you know we all got together to watch the movie. And it was great! If you are a fan of the TV series, the movie really is the best!!! I laughed, I cried... I nearly died with Mosley. It was a joy!
• all the Jenni Kayne knits. Except the fact that it is 900 degrees in Miami and I don't have use for a $300 sweater.
• probably will take the budget option in everlane.
• just plain old white supergas. I need a solid everyday sneaker.
• in my air buds, I am listening to some new podcasts. My favorite is Andrea Savage new podcast called: Andrea Savage, A Grown-Up Woman #buttholes. If you like a classic celebrity interview comedy podcast - I recommend.
• too much postmates. My whole paycheck goes to postmates and I NEED TO PUT AN END TO IT. Does anyone have like a lunch cantina service they can recommend?
• Just got my hands on Gary Janetti's new book called Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things that still annoy me). So excited to start it. I am obsessed with his instagram feed and everything he does involving Prince George.
• Budgeting myself for the holidays. Like I said, I really go absolutely nuts and become the ultimate consumer during the holidays. Everything I buy for others, I end up buying for myself. And I can't so no to any Christmas experience or new outfit... it's bad. Like I already bought a way too expensive headband for the holidays. Going to give myself a serious budget and stick to it this year or really really try to stick to it!