it's that time again friends, get excited. i'm a huge fan of these because they either make me really happy once I realize I was extremely productive in the past month or make me take a "personal" day of meditation to figure out why i wasn't productive. either way, i win.
melanie is currently...
- my new sitting area, finalized and styled by Orchard + Olive. cristie and I keep raving about them so much you would think we were getting paid, but they're the best thing to hit the streets since....
- Diced Food. if you haven't tried it, you need to. it's a healthy lunch food alternative. totally into it. and it's by our new office. and they legit deliver on a bike in 10 minutes. it's glorious.
- our new office space that has yet to be decorated BECAUSE everything is being thought and planned out so that it's exactly what we need it to be. this is EXTREMELY unlike me because I typically furnish my office spaces in 2.5 secs but in an effort to make the space functional and effective, i'm being patient. stay tuned.
- what's gaby cooking. i insta storied me cooking one of her recipes last night and i'm pretty sure i obsessed over this about two months ago but her blog is a main staple in our house. her recipes are easy and the best for during-the-week cooking. if you're a cook, and you're into new recipes, i totally recommend checking her out!
- our new gift box and floral gift collection and OUR NEW DELIVERY SCHEDULE: we're delivering every. single. day. because we now have the best delivery driver! honk at andres if you see him in da streets. if you need to send thank you, sympathy, new baby, hostess, or just a simple i'm thinking of you gift, we've got you covered. and seriously guys, they're so darn cute and such a good idea. please check them out when you get a chance. we're offering 20% for all new collection first orders with code SUMMER.
- of course, we're also delivering our bouquets of the day EVERY DAY and we're delivering our NEW small seasonal floral arrangement (pictured above) EVERY DAY. starting at $45. (seriously!)
- and finally, ladies and gents, we have officially traversed into the small event floral design landscape. what does that mean? after much demand, we are now styling and designing florals for events of under 100 people. anything as small as a dinner (our favorites) to as medium as a 90 person wedding. we're on a mission to spread + elevate the beauty and simplicity of every day florals (and every day includes all types of celebrations!). email us for a proposal or for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
- margot's baptism - it's officially next month and zero has been done for it except book the church. (that's really all you need, right? and some clothes? and shoes?)
- summer vacation with the two babies at the end of this month. we're leaving to the Caribbean and I'm just. so. tired. already. i will shift the way i'm perceiving the whole situation (everything is perception right?) but i can't help but feel exhausted at all the crap I have to lug with me. i know all moms reading this understand my dread. and i don't feel guilty for feeling it. moving on.
- southern charm. (the besttttttt)
- nate and jeremiah by design.
- flip or flop las vegas.
- shark tank
- nice summer flats
- an amber interiors throw pillow for my bed
- a child friendly ottoman for my family room
- to start working out and rid myself of the pregnancy kangaroo pooch (currently in my wildest dreams)
- that's so retrograde podcast
- how i built this podcast
- a well designed business podcast
- apple i tunes pop radio (j. bieber on repeat basically)
- anything law of attraction podcast!
- clearly lots of what's gaby cooking...
- but our weekly meal schedule is typically planned from sunday - thursday and includes some variation of the following
- ground turkey (meatloaf, giada turkey meatballs, tacos), ground beef (cuban picadillo, bolognese, lasagna), flank steak (sometimes we'll cook cuban ropa vieja or asian mirin steak), chicken breast (chicken vaca frita, tacos, lemon chicken a la french style), chicken thighs (curry chicken), shrimp (shrimp tacos or shrimp and grits). but fear not, we are human and very often we just postmates dinner because we're just too lazy to parent AND fully function after 4pm. something's gotta give.
- but in all seriousness, i've been skipping lunch a lot because there really aren't enough hours in the day and i need to get better at eating and taking care of myself!
- the universe has your back, gabrielle bernstein.
working on (i'm going to get so deep here so brace yourselves)
- i'm on a spiritual journey and my faith is currently being tweaked significantly. it's been a really amazing process for me and if anyone is curious i'd be happy to share.
- my attitude towards life and my every day. i know i mentioned this above but life is how you perceive it and people are mirrors of what you perceive - they act the way you think them to be. so i'm trying to sit back and take life easily and give people the benefit of the doubt. life has impressed me so far.
cristie is currently...
disclaimer: i wrote this on memorial day monday so my brain is operating at around 60%. my current self is in need of a some serious detox! but i am into these lists so let's do this!
- gotta second melanie, i am loving my orchard + olive vignettes so much, i skip around my house! i am also obsessed with the work they did for my cousin and melanie's new and improved sitting room. they complete a room or a moment and are expert stagers. plus having something to look forward in your email is one of life's little joys!
- Diced Food. ok i guess melanie and i spend too much time together because our list are the same. super tasty, organic food and the whole ordering, delivering, paying process is seamless.
- my health. for some reason this month i have made all my doctor appointments and have really looked into becoming the healthiest version of myself! also making a serious effort to eat clean and lay off the processed foods. this is a new thing so i will be sure to give you an update next month!
- clean eating and looking forward to feeling and seeing the difference it makes! i have never ever cooked or gone to the grocery store so i am making a total change to my lifestyle.
- real housewives of new york
- comedians in cars getting coffee (on my phone)
- guardians of the galaxy 2 - best soundtrack and the movie made me LOL at the movies several times. i love drax the destroyer what can i say!
- i've come to realize i am an interview type of gal. so i love katie courics podcast & listening to howard stern interviews on demand.
- spotify all day. my favorite app!
- ugh, nothing. this is something i currently need to work on big time! which leads me to...
working on (going to hold myself accountable to these and give an honest report back next month!!!)
- reading a book by the time I write my next currently
- eating clean and getting the hang of the kitchen and home cooked meals
- having a clean and organized home
- purging my closet and drawers (summer cleaning is happening!)
- appreciating all the blessings in my life every day!!!!