I know the say summers are slow for some, but we've been crazy filled with our office revamp, summer workshops, orders, and seriously just so much positive energy. our end of year tends to be the busiest time all year so the madness is prepping and getting us ready for what's projected to be our best season yet. our new gift collection launches in September (2 months!!), which will debut new gifts and partners, new gift styles, and new ideas. stay tuned!
melanie is currently...
- the new office! it's nice to finally have a decorated and furnished place where we could creatively brainstorm, work, and hang out! tour via Insta story soon.
- our new coffee table book bundles. they're basically gifts without the box, packaged on larger coffee table books. SO. CUTE.
- sneakers and flats of all sorts. we're constantly running around all day, so I'm all about cute sneaks and flats - Vince sneaker slides, golden goose sneakers (totally trending right now)
- Insta stories - we're finding our voice. hopefully everyone's enjoying the humor and our every day tasks (which change by the week!).
- finalizing/decorating our foyer and our family room. both currently serve as children play areas and I would love to transform them to serve their actual purposes (i.e., my visual design havens).
- our workshops! our house of lilac workshops are filling up quick (our PM one actually only has a couple seats left!) - choose between our July 15 brunch workshop or our July 27 PM happy hour workshop. OR if you're a Soho Beach House member, we're hosting a workshop on July 19! come check us out. you'll learn how to clean and condition flowers and style your every day floral arrangements, all while enjoying small bites and some bubbly. and you get to make new friends!
- Margot's baptism - currently pondering whether I should provide favors?
- million dollar listing NYC (my OBSESSION)
- beat bobby flay
- southern charm
- real housewives of OC (starts on Monday!!)
- so basically bravo and food network. and then your toddler typical dose of the Disney channel, trolls, and Moana (trolls is the new Moana)
- an ottoman for my family room
- end tables for my sitting area
- a rug for my dining room (and new dining chairs although I'll have to sneak these into the house because my husband will FLIP once he finds out I want to change the ones we have ha). Into these or these from CB2.
- a dress for margot's baptism later this month
- a zara shopping spree sans the checkout lines at Zara. should I go to Zara at opening or at closing or just purchase online?
- podcasts galore!! the longest shortest time, how I built this, that's so retrograde.
- office music: iTunes Radio 📻 playlist - charting now.
- need to get better at this. we've had crazy days at the office, which means no lunch sometimes (not ok) and we've sort of just been making easy dinners at home, i.e., not from cook books, leftovers. but being out of town and the holiday weekend sort of threw off the eating schedule - need to get back to healthy routines this weekend!
- on the menu tonight: southwestern lasagna, whats gaby cooking
- living my best life. i.e., returning to love
- I'd have to agree with cristie on the organizing front. i'm into storage bins these days. target had a few for $3 a pop this past weekend for storage obsessors. on that note, need to organize our garage and our master closet!
- making shutterfly albums from the several professional photos we've invested in for the kids over the past year.
cristie is currently...
- our office furniture - not to brag, but our office is adorable. the empty apartment killed it. now everyone has to come check it out for themselves at one of our awesome workshops!
- delphiniums - my new favorite flower. so long, so beautiful, the best summer statement flower.
- the movie ‘baby driver’ and ansel elgort in general. the movie was so good and had the best soundtrack! ansel elgort is absolutely adorable, the guy got ‘it’. great date night movie.
- how i want to start using essential oils more in my life, like in a diffuser to help me sleep. i sleep great but i want to take it next level ala arianna huffington.
- which lead me to new bedding. i am in the market! my bed is my favorite place in this world, so i want to elevate the experience as much as possible.
- an upcoming trip to portland in august that i have done absolutely 0 research for, which is very unlike me.
- glow on netflix - so funny. i binged watched this in 2 days.
- sex and the city on Amazon prime. for some reason, I never really watched season 1-3 so its been fun reliving the early seasons. it’s wild that this came out 17 years ago.
- to just become the best cook ever and skip this beginner phase i am in. how long does it take to understand how to it all works?!?
- outdoor lighting & a bbq. must have for fall time and cool outdoor weather. this is what i think about in the middle of july because i just hate this hot weather! give me back my long walks in my neighborhood with my pup. milo wants it to be nice outside too.
- apple music vs. spotify - that is the question. in the office, apple music but i personally pay for spotify. what is the difference! i need to know.
- kombucha - or is this more of a drinking? either way, makes me feel better if my stomach is feeling off.
- raw juce right next to madruga bakery. i l always look forward to this after the gym!
- nothing, nada, zilch. it’s pretty sad. my half year resolution is to make more of an effort to read.
- cooking - priority #1
- reading - #2
- organizing closets and home #3 - time to clean out my closet and those random drawers that accumulate nonsense
- organizing pictures #4 - printing them, making albums, storing them on iclouds, disk - whatever people are doing these days!