It's Flower Club month! We've officially soft launched the membership program and if you're a woman, are seeking encouragement, want to better yourself, and love flowers, this membership is for you. Every month you'll receive our Monthly MO, an intention worksheet designed to help you set an intention for that month--one you'll take on with the rest of the community. The intention changes every single month, allowing you to experience new promises to yourself and get our of your comfort zone. Of course, this comes with a slew of other perks including a journal and folder (for your worksheets!), free access to our members only lifestyle content portal, private Facebook community, yearly discounts, free online workshops and more. Learn more here. I hope you join us!
melanie is currently…
• MY NEW COUCH. You guys, I bought it ONLINE, WITHOUT sitting on it. And it's the best thing to have happened to my family since we finished renovating my house 2.5 years ago. It's from Lulu & Georgia and I couldn't recommend the experience more. Positives: I was expecting the couch to arrive in months (because isn't that the way furniture deliveries work?) and it was hand delivered and setup within 2 weeks. They also sent us new slip covers because a few were dirtied in transit--as they should have done, I know--but not one hiccup or issue in responding to our request. Also, the cherry on top, I got it 25% off the retail price because they were having a couch sale at some point this summer. And since I bought it, it went on sale again. We've had several people over the house since we've bought it and all were in agreement with the style and comfort AND one of my friend Alexa's husband actually fell asleep on it (lol which, by the way, is very unlike him). I fully recommend them!
• Agolde Denim - Um, where have they been all my life? Apparently, a Citizens of Humanity sister brand, it's less expensive and the denim still sturdy enough to hold in all the extra skin and shape you nicely. I also bought two bodysuits from them recently and am loving the fit. A+ for Agolde.
• my peloton again - It was all the rage for me about a year ago. Then stopped being all the rage and became a decorative fixture in my living room. And maybe it's the new couch's fault, who knows, but it's becoming an asset for me on Sundays when I jump on it and take a 30 minute class with Robin Arzon. She makes me feel like a superstar when she tells me (and 14K other people): "You've done more right now in 30 minutes than most people do all week." Or when I'm about to give up and she looks at "me" and tells me, "You did not get through 80% of this class to give up now. Do not give up." Ugh, Robin!, HOW DO YOU KNOW?!
• Workin' Moms Season 3 Obsessed. Obsessed. Obsessed. Hilarious. And if you're a working mom, you will relate (netflix)
• Diagnosis Both Cristie and I have this in common. A doctor/journalist for the New York Times finds patients with crazy medical issues and basically writes about them in her bimonthly column, asking people everywhere to weigh in on what they think the diagnosis might be. Every episode sheds light on the fact that these medical mysteries were resolved (or somewhat resolved) via the power of social media. It's so good! (netflix)
• Channel 10, 6, 7 local news Tracking Dorian for what seemed like FOREVER. Haven't used my Hulu Live account so much in the year we've had it.
• A credenza for my foyer. (Did you think the foyer decorating debacle was over already? Of course, not. Trying to take my time with this piece because I absolutely want to buy something i LOVE).
• To build our new Flower Club to 1000 members!!!
• New workout clothes. I worked out 3 times last week and I deserve a trophy aka new workout leggings. Expecting little of myself on the workout front (as in twice a week) really has helped me build up endurance and a desire to work out more. It's slowly become part of my routine and my regimen and it's a new way of life. I find that changing up my workouts also helps a lot (last week consisted of HIIT, yoga, and the peloton) because I get bored of the same thing, all the time.
• the Hamilton soundtrack. again. If you walked into the shop last week, you heard it, too. Cristie bought us tickets to Hamilton here at the Adrienne Arsht in Miami next year and I CANNOT WAIT (still a little bitter I can't see the original cast but beggars can't be choosers).
• I've got some news here! I wanted to try going gluten-free because the inflammation in my belly was on another level. I think I spoke about this in last month's currently but I've basically cut gluten from my diet during the week (I'm not perfect and I love bread) and have seen a SIGNIFICANT change in my body. I'm not as bloated anymore and feel so much more energetic. It's actually been much easier than I thought it would--the hardest being not eating the homemade flan in my fridge right now (thanks to my husband).
• Where the Crawdads Sing.
• Trusting God's timing. ALWAYS.
cristie is currently…
• tracking dorian. I call this storm Hurricane Irma PTSD in action. If you saw me Thursday, I was stressed. Woke up early, got gas, got my water, spent $200+ on food and supplies and had a hotel on standby in case I had no power (LOL). Not normal!! But right now I am seeing the most devastating photos out the Bahamas and I am so happy this completely missed us! Only teaches me to always be prepared to avoid the stress of last minute hysteria.
• container store - I went there for a second and already want a million things for my kitchen to organize my shelves. For my birthday (in 3 months LOL) I would love someone to come and and professionally organize my home! Putting it out there...
• my pantry - Right now it is sooo fully stocked (from hurricane preparedness) that I literally have everything I want without leaving my house. Is this what life is like for people who grocery shop every week? The universe is telling me a message.
• Fraiser All day. Everyday. My husband has to tell my to step away from Fraiser land but I can't get enough. And there are like 2059393 episodes (yess!!!). It is the best I literally go to sleep with Fraiser every night and I could not be happier. It makes me LOL, I am obsessed with his apartment and Eddie, the dog!! If you have already done the Friends binge, this is your next step. (netflix)
• Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones - thought parts of it were so great and I loved the epilogue but the Michael Jackson part did not sit well with me. Unnecessary!!! (netflix)
• Diagnosis - watched a few episodes of this in Netflix and found it very compelling. Basically writer/doctor who crowdsources diagnoses for mysterious and rare medical conditions in a documentary series based on her New York Times Magazine column. Plays like a real life House (the old show). (netflix)
• Groundhog Day - LOL I am noticing as I am writing this that I spent Labor Day watching netflix all night long but I am here to recommend! Groundhog Day made me laugh and I really loved it. It may be from 1993 but the comedy holds up!! Billy Murray never disappoints.
• a professional organizer to come to my home asap...
• all the things to always be prepared for a hurricane. An amazing generator, a new roof...
• Currently listening to armchair expert (my favorite podcast!) as I am writing this!
• All my food from my pantry! But for some reason, I thought I needed 3 pounds of cold cuts for the hurricane so I have been really leaning in on sandwiches. A lot of dips, veggies and snacks. All the hurricane food!!!
• looking for a new book! I have not read a fiction book in a minute so maybe i'll pick one up. This was on my list of hurricane errands, but by Friday the hurricane was * NOT* coming so I didn't do this last minute "hurricane errand". I am leaning towards picking up 'where the crawdads sing'.
• Not working myself up when a hurricane comes! I need to treat my Irma PTSD. It is not worth being stressed out!