valentine's day bouquet of the day
one month into the new year and it feels like it's been months (seriously). our last currently was back in november (before things got crazy with the holidays) but we're scheduled to make this a monthly shebang so we'll have more updates more often. february is always a crazy month for us - valentine's day is around the corner next week (you can shop or send our gift collection to your galentine or lover here) and we're hosting a self love event with the ab method and intuitive gangster next thursday at buddha shack yoga (buy your tickets here before they're gone!). AND we're in the middle of our self-love challenge - participants (i.e., you) are asked to do one thing every day FOR THEMSELVES that makes their hearts smile and proves to them how abundant love really is in the universe. it's never too late to start - you can follow along via the pdf linked above or follow along via our insta stories. post your progress via the hashtag #iluvmechallenge and you might just win a free seat to the self-love workshop! it's a win, win. and, of course, just a crazy amount of work in between but busy is good and more work means more learning experiences so i'm just happy to be where we are.
thanks for following along!
melanie is currently...
melanie's current state: in nyc for the ny now trade show once this is published (one of the ways we find our gift vendors) and more than likely freezing her butt off and missing her babies and her bed.
- budgets. both personally and professionally. especially mint. you guys, i had no clue you can budget your expenses via mint. i basically set budgets and via my linked accounts, i classify the different transactions and voila. i worked off makeshift excel spreadsheets for way too long and got so annoyed half the time i gave up two days into every month. not the best outcome so i'm just happy to have some structure in my financial situation.
- HGTV. home town and fixer upper and restored by the fords. i know i'm 95 but my favorite weekends consist of me in bed at 8pm watching HGTV. there seriously isn't anything better. and the occasional whip and dip ice cream in bed. my 21 year old me would be extremely proud of my maturity!!
- kitten heels. they're my new thing. call it my new 'mom style.' and i'll shout it from the roof tops. i cannot wear 4 inch heels anymore. it's painful. and what's more painful is an entire closet full of a decade+ worth of shoe investments i not only can't but don't feel like wearing anymore. this is a phase, right? (like a post two year pregnancy phase?)
- this cook book. it's amazing. and she's my age. which means i should have a cookbook? (lol)
- my meal planning. cooking on sunday for monday-wednesday is doing wonders for my nighttime routine at home with the kids. WONDERS. it's amazing knowing i'm coming home to a meal already ready to go and i don't have to waste time trying to figure out what we're eating and the best part, i don't have to cook when i get home!
- cardi b. because she doesn't care what people think about her and i'm SO INTO THAT.
- justin timberlake and this album. because he's been my guy since 1999 and he's uber talented.
- what the year has in store for us (excited for all of it!).
- VANDERPUMP RULES. because the drama is so ridiculous it's LIFE.
- for my family to remain unscathed this flu season.
- abraham hicks. always.
- podcasts - how i built this, the longest shortest time, that's so retrograde, and cristie got me into bitch sesh. if you're a housewives fan, YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST. you'll die of laughter.
- our amazing self love playlist on spotify!!! follow cristie enriquez on spotify and you'll find the self love playlist. she'll link in her feature below.
- home cooked meals! we're eating out much less these days. the occasional power pizza binge (the kids love it) but for the most part, we've been good about cooking what we buy (and not wasting food).
- omg. here's what i have on my nightstand: how to parent a genius, crushing it by gary vaynerchuk, the life changing magic of tidying up (yes, still reading this), the journey of souls, helping your child with extreme picky eating, a simplified life. what am i actually reading right now? honestly, none of it because i've been on a vanderpump rules binge for some time. but will get through all of these over the next few months. any nonfiction book recommendations are appreciated!!
- letting go and having faith! this is a huge goal for me this year. and i'm CONSTANTLY working on this (controlling is my middle name).
- myself. always. spiritually, emotionally, physically. loving myself more and knowing my self-worth ALWAYS.
cristie is currently...
cristie's current state: in a post super bowl salt coma. like my shoes and rings don't fit because i am oversalted! is superbowl sunday the biggest day sale wise for wings sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese? questions i asked myself yesterday.
- tour of kitchens! this was last saturday and it is one of my favorite events of the year. basically the gables foundation every year rounds up about 11 houses to open up their doors and let you peak into their kitchen and living rooms. there are always great historical homes, new developments & just home inspiration everywhere! life goal - have my house be featured in tour of kitchens.
- the weather - best time of year in miami. long walks everyday.
- also my barbecue - because again, the weather. perfect time to be grilling outside!
- my dog, milo - forever and always! he just keeps getting more and more endearing to me. live for him!
- myself! - i am participating in our self love challenge and really been appreciating me :). if you follow our insta-stories you can see the daily challenges, and i highly encourage everyone to participate because they have been so fun. for example, today is give yourself an hour of me time - bubble bath, bravo & a good podcast - i am all in on this type of challenge.
- my elementary school - we were featured on ESPN because of this video. heart melt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- hulu - i cut the chord (meaning i only have internet in my house) and got hulu live. best decision ever. saving myself over a $100 a month.
- hulu lead me to 'the good place'. it is so funny and silly. i LOL every episode.
- everything I have put a hearted in my shopbop profile to go on sale. i made a vow to myself to only purchase things on sale this year! hoping my heart strategy works.
- to spread the love on valentines day. our collection is so cutie! i have a special place in my heart for valentines day - i think it is because i ride for all things pink, sparkly, hearts, love, obsession, good vibes, sweetie-ness!!! such an endearing holiday. and please don't rain on my parade and tell me it's a made up consumer holiday - I WILL NOT HEAR IT!!!!
- sirius xm radio - worth every penny. right now, i am loving soul town - because i have the taste of a 65 year old man but i live for motown!
- my self love playlist! i sing this all day at the top of my lungs (sorry melanie)
- @ home! i have been going to the grocery store and making 2 meals a week.
- norman brothers - the most lovely grocery store ever. why are you not in the grove - i need you!
- grilling, i am into it.
- zilch. nada. unless you count the deep dives i do on my phone for the most random topics ever like 'the getty family' and 'yayoi kusama' which just lead me into a spiral of useless information.
- meal planning - baby steps! going to trader joes today to get some stuff going in my kitchen.
- budgeting - anything melanie does really rubs off on me. but also a lot of my friends are getting married next year so i've got a lot of expenses coming up.