our Valentine's Day gift collection with Eberjey.
Welcome to February - one of the craziest holidays for us here at the shop and the beginning of a jam packed few months, including our crowdfunding campaign, which launches March 5! If you haven't heard us talk about it (or if you have and don't really know what crowdfunding is) head to this blog post to learn more. And if you haven't ordered your flowers for Valentine's Day (or dropped hints to your Valentine), send them our collection ASAP!
melanie is currently
• BLOCK SCHEDULING. I'm going to start off being the most boring and responsible person you've probably heard from all day but I started scheduling my day in 1.5 hour blocks and it's done wonders for my productivity. I juggle so many roles, it's the only thing that has helped me feel like I'm actually being close to 100% at what I'm doing. I talked more about it on this post if you want to learn more!
• BEAUTY COUNTER'S FOUNDATION. wow. just wow. it coats amazing and doesn't feel greasy. It's doing wonders for my appearance.
• EYEBROW PENCILING. I mean, do people do this a lot? Is this a known thing? Because I just got into it and it's also doing wonders for my appearance. And I've got full eyebrows but I also have random holes in them that once penciled make me look like I have STELLAR BROWS. I use this one from Beauty Counter and am really happy with it.
• OUR CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN. I've got all the fears associated with raising money right now but I know it's the right thing for us. We're making so many scary, risky moves over the next few months to grow and I should write a whole post on fear because being fearless doesn't mean you're not scared - it just means you're scared but are moving past it towards what you want. Like tunnel vision, towards your goal. And I'm in that tunnel right now and trying not to get too distracted by the noise. Fear is a wonderful, terrible thing. Because on the other side of fear is freedom. So tackling it head on is exactly what we should be doing.
• OUR COLLABORATION WITH EBERJEY. Basically a dream come true. Check out our gift collection for sale here on their website. We're providing the beautiful packaging to their limited-edition online Valentine's Day gifts. The best part? The gift boxes not only include an Eberjey PJ, they also include a dark chocolate bar and soy candle from local Miami vendors Garcia Nevett and Buena Vista Candles. It's a total Miami gift box because for those that don't know, Eberjey is actually a Miami based brand.
• OUR WORKSPACE. We're actually 6 right now in our warehouse space and I've literally dreamed of creating the kind of energy in the space right now. We're a 100% woman run brand and every ounce of what we do and put out there comes from women. AND I LOVE IT and can't wait to grow even more.
• Friends, you guys. Friends. It's my thing right now. So until I finish all the seasons, I'll be watching Friends. And I'm not disappointed about this. I truly forgot how funny it is. Every single one of them are so good in their roles and so hysterical. They really don't make sitcoms like that anymore.
• Loving these stools and need to purchase these chairs for my dining room. To be quite honest, the stools are so expensive, I'll be showcasing my decrepit child ruined current ones for some time until I get the nerve to pull the trigger. But I LOVE the rattan. I'm a sucker for rattan, terrazo, and anything vintage. The dining room chairs I actually have two of right now and just need to purchase the other 6.
• Still listening to BAD BUNNY'S NEW ALBUM and actually rapping to it because I've heard the songs so many times I know them by memory. And yes, I'll be at the concert next month (did you expect any less from me?).
• I'm on a Rachel Hollis Rise Podcast binge lately. If you don't listen to it, you totally should. She's one of my favorite speakers right now and is huge on motivating women. Especially working moms. You should also read her book Girl Wash Your Face if you're a female and you haven't read it. It actually sold the most copies in 2018 after Michelle Obama's book and I mean if that doesn't make you want to buy it, Bye.
• My new meal planning is working out SO WELL. I'll write a post on this soon but I bought an instant pot over the holidays and OMG. LIFE SAVING. But first off, I meal plan two weeks at a time and this is helping a ton. It sounds intense but I'd rather be intense once every two weeks instead of every week. And that one week break makes me excited to come back the next week and attack the menu all over again (with a new perspective). Secondly, the Instant Pot is helping me cook faster and cook less, overall. You can cook large portions in like half an hour. So safe to say, we're eating at home more and my weekday "what the heck are we eating for dinner" anxiety is no more.
• I set a goal to finish a book in January that I haven't finished. So I'm giving myself until the end of this week! You guys, it's so tough. Reading is so tough. Do I need direction? Do I need to join a book club? Help!
• BEING ORGANIZED. And finding a rhythm that works for me. You know, people can suggest a million different methods for organizing your life and your work day, but until you find the one that works for you, nothing will work. You can read more on what has been working for me here on my goal setting blog post. But I'll share more life organizing tips as soon as I've figured out what works best for me. Getting there!
cristie is currently
sorry guys, this one is going to be short. catching me with low energy and my very eventful first quarter of the year has just begun! I have 3 weddings down & 4 to go till the end of march (2 are destination) and somewhere in between a ski vacation. i am not prepared!
• Argentina vacation - Anyone have any tips? We are doing Buenos Aires, Patagonia (flying into El Calafate) and spending a night in an estancia. Send recommendations this way please!
• Conan O'Brien - Love his netflix special, obsessed with the podcast and recording his new 30 minute show - this man is the best. He really makes me laugh.
• My new deck. Do home improvements bring you the most joy in life? I think so and my new deck is a great example. The whole week the workers were at my house constructing it was the best week ever! Now onto investing in new grass and landscaping...
• Weird that I am reading Melanie's post and I am also watching Friends! I also don't watch TV and this is what is on when I am because you can never go wrong with Friends. Also, nothing is really sparking my interest in the television front.
• discovered this new podcast called "how did this get made" which is hysterical. basically, they review all movies so bad they are actually amazing and it makes you laugh till you cry. I really loved the "Look whose talking too" episode. Trust me, this podcast is enjoyable even if you haven't seen the movie they are reviewing.
• I actually went to Trader Joe's last week and made two home cooked meals! Made this meatball recipe & an Indian instapot meal. Both came out decent. Even more important, I organized my kitchen this weekend. My cooking future is looking bright!
• A whole lot of nothing! Will get through Michelle Obama's Becoming by the end of this quarter...
• Sleeping and resting when I can. With a fully load first quarter of the year, I got to rest and relax when I can. It's a marathon not a sprint...