Hello! It's August and our biggest news so far is that we opened up a storefront! We're featuring a stocked stem bar (yes, buy exclusive flowers by the stem NOT by the bunch like the grocers make you buy), curated gifts, workshops (including private workshops), build your own gift box, greeting cards. You can also walk in and plan your own small event with us. Or just come hang out, really. I wanted to create something aesthetically beautiful because I always love shopping in really beautiful spaces (i mean, who doesn't?). Those stores lift my mood and make me happy. Even if you don't have anything to purchase, come and by and check it out anyway. We'd love to have you! Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm and Saturday, 11am-3pm.
melanie is currently…
• the storefront. Not only did we create the storefront, but we revamped our workspace area and it's made such a difference to creatively work in such a great space. I'd been dreaming about increased counter space and a peg board wall to facilitate tool grabbing and just MORE. STORAGE. and we got all of that and more.
• my Nespresso frother. I went through a stint where I was buying Sbux ALL THE TIME because I was obsessed with the frothiness and just the whole experience. But spending all that money on Sbux became so ridiculous to me so I decided to research and create my own coffee house experience at home. I bought a less expensive frother and started frothing my oat milk with cinnamon and a little vanilla. It was mind blowing. But my frother broke. And the heavens opened up and I FOUND THE NESPRESSO FROTHER. I mean talk about elevating your frothing experience. I now have about 5 inches of frothed oat milk thanks to my new investment AND the best part? It warms the milk for you, too so you don't have to stick it in the microwave before you froth it.
• Workin' Moms on Netflix. It's hilarious. And it's 22 minutes - the perfect amount of time for me to watch and get through anything. Plus, it's a perfect depiction of the struggle of being a mom and working (with a comical twist).
• Tamara Mellon is all over my instagram feed and I have to say her flats are adorable. Currently wanting these for my wardrobe but I'm not fully convinced yet (also I don't know this designer and the price is steep - still thinking about it).
• I'm attempting to "finish" furnishing my house after 2 years post move-in. But I'm doing it room by room in an attempt to stop myself from buying random pieces I come across (this is my MO). The foyer saga is almost complete (I have one credenza to purchase!) and my next task is my daughter's nursery upgrade to big girl room. Currently eyeing this for my credenza and this for Margot's bed (I'm a huge rattan fan).
• 70s essential radio station on iTunes music because that's what plays at the shop! I have to say, what a great music era.
• I currently embarked on a journey to cut gluten from my life during the week. I know it bloats most people but for whatever reason, it bloats me to the point of people asking me if I'm pregnant with a third child (and I'm thin so it really made me question my intake). Last week was my first week but I can honestly say I've seen a huge difference. I can still eat rice so it wasn't a huge adjustment but definitely requires a lot of meal prep and grocery shopping. I wrote a whole blog post about my meal prep and what's in my pantry here if you're interested in reading more. Maybe you'll feel inspired!
• launching our Flower Club in ONE MONTH! You'll hear more about it over the next few weeks but we're building a community of women that's meant to encourage you to be more compassionate with yourself. It's everything I've learned on my journey to self-discovery condensed into monthly snail-mail intentions. And of course, other flower perks because we are a flower company - 10% off all year, free flower flub events, complimentary access to our online curriculum and online monthly workshops, a welcome gift, private facebook group. All for $25 a month. If you want to learn more, sign up for our newsletter here - we won't disappoint! p.s., we're actually giving away free HOL embroidered bouquet tees for those that sign up today, August 5!
cristie is currently…
• the speed at which melanie works. it is not normal. seeing her put together the storefront in what I think was 3 days was out of control! I, on the other hand, am great at taking her direction.
• which leads me to the storefront -it's so cute. and we replaced our garage door with glass doors and now i see LIGHT. what a difference. I am here for natural light! I think I was meant to live in a glass modern home even though I stand FIRMLY AGAINST the modern white box homes in my coconut grove neighborhood.
• oat milk - basic, yes. but absolutely divine. hearing about melanie's frother made me want to mention it.
• currently watching today show. nothing like starting out the day with savannah and willie geist (hoda is on maternity leave - we miss you hoda!). i have been firmly team today for all my life. I WILL NOT EVEN BOTHER with the theatrics of good morning america. no no no.
• four weddings and a funeral - watched the first episode and here for it. also, a main character owns a jack russell terrier so i know this is a show for me.
• linen. still on my linen kick. just don't got the funds for it. I am on a self imposed spending freeze but I have a list of things I want once I stumble upon $800 (putting it into the universe). on my list is a linen playsuit, linen button down, a pretty summer hat and a few graphic tees for everyday.
• these rainbow shoes are not linen but they are on my need list.
• the 70s music that is always on in our office. here for it.
• everything bird road between 57 and the palmetto has to offer! matsuri lunch specials (9$!) and my personal new favorite - al almir lebanese food. it doesn't have a perfect 5 star rating on yelp and google for nothing!
• ladies who punch mega juicy book about the inner workings of the tv show 'The View'. I have been watching 'The View' since staying home sick in grade school so it's like a time warp for me. and SO JUICY. great read.
• getting out of bed and starting my day! Literally waited till the last minute to do this so now it's time to start my Monday morning. Heading to the flower market now!