it's amazing how fast the days and weeks go by - since my 2017 pep talks post, a whopping almost 2 months and 8739 pep talks have come to pass, the first quarter of this year is almost over, my newborn is out of the fourth trimester and my son is a year and a half (omg).
we're so busy around these parts - busy with goal setting, subscriptions, bouquets of the day, gift boxes, corporate gifting and events, weddings! (we'll be in nashville assembling 125 gift boxes next week - stay tuned), and we're grateful. so, so grateful (being grateful for something attracts more of that same light into your life - fyi. try it!). we've been wanting to start this series titled "currently..." where we talk a little about what we're currently thinking, doing, eating, obsessing over, you name it, we'll write a story about it. our goal is to make conversation about really cool (and only cool bc cristie, our studio manager, is cool) MIA places, experiences, books, food, podcasts, the list goes on. my life currently revolves around sleep training and to be quite honest, making it through the day alive, but as a team we've come up with some really awesome stuff to share. so here goes nothing:
Melanie is currently...
- google docs and to do lists - so great for team lists and spreadsheets.
- coffee (so much of this)
- furniture for the house
- mcgee and co - everything. just everything.
- madruga bakery - fresh made challah bread, pastries, avocado toast, and the best lattes on this side of us1.
- bottega la dolce vita - italian market in miami. mind blown. they'll put together charcuterie boards for events! super into services that help a super busy sister out these days, including instacart, amazon, prime now, and glam squad.
- my friend lauren's business, orchard + olive - she basically styles home decor, vignettes, and gallery walls aka comes into your house and makes it feel like a home in 2.5 seconds.
- what it feels like to sleep the whole night uninterrupted (a girl can dream)
- this is us!
- big little lies
- vanderpump rules - it's so bad it's good.
- the bachelor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't want it to end.
- occasionally: beat bobby flay, kids baking competition, worst cooks in america
- and of course: mickey mouse clubhouse, elena of avalor, moana, doc mcstuffins
- an amber interiors vintage pillow that i shouldn't purchase because it's too expensive
- thanks to cristie, gray malin art prints.
- kygo - cloud nine (super into this)
- how i built this podcast - about entrepreneurs and how they each got their start
- shake shack way too much over the past two weeks
- 12 hours by 12 weeks and baby wise - sleep training books
- what i would like to be reading on my kindle: The Nix, Small Great Things, Commonwealth, Diary of a Mad Bride
- this could turn out to be the most exhaustive list of all time, but from an hol standpoint: spring/summer 2017 collection, new baby collection, mother's day!!, some serious marketing/pr endeavors
- from a personal standpoint: one of my goals this year is to love myself a little more. what does that mean? accepting that I can't do everything and that some days i won't get to finish an entire to do list. and that won't make me less successful or hard working than someone without as many responsibilities as me. so when i can't work any longer from exhaustion or get caught up in personal life, like my kids (my priorities), i remind myself that it's ok, that i'm a badass, and that it's time to go to sleep and recharge my batteries. tomorrow's always a new day and there's always a pep talk shower with my name on it.
Cristie is currently...
- planet earth 2 on bbc – mind blown at the footage they are able to collect and the lives animals in the wild lead. also, nothing gets me crying like animals coming together, lion king opening sequence style.
- my new dog milo – the sweetest, cutest, most lovable dog in the world. if you see me out, you probably will meet milo. he comes everywhere with us.
- trader joes – best. place. ever.
- my friend natalie’s new blog, up the get up – she has the best eye for style and is an expert deep diver of instagram fashion. you’ll hear from her soon on the blog! (stay tuned)
- my grove bungalow – my new(ish) house that i am trying to make a home! also, i am really trying to win over my neighbors. I am thirsssssty for neighborhood love.
- how lucky I am to work in such a feel good business where everyday i feel inspired! seriously people’s sweet notes, gestures, and gifts make me think all day long how life is beautiful! also, what a pretty thing to work with flowers. i count my blessings daily!
- aforementioned, planet earth 2! get into it.
- bravo! (all day long) i love the drama!!!
- last week tonight with john oliver – so good. stay woke people!
- big little lies – murder mystery with a side of elementary school mommy wars… yes. also, it has a great soundtrack (leon bridges!) and killer california real estate eye candy.
- elena of avalor at melanies house, which is weirdly engaging.
- to go back to kenya and africa. best trip ever!
- also, to plan a trip to japan.
- and argentina.
- so moral of the story – I am wanting to travel abroad!
- missing richard simmons podcast – richard simmons, the guy in the short shorts and anglo afro, hasn’t been seen in public since 2013 and this podcast examines why he went silent. addictive, gripping, and all the rage in the podcast world right now for a reason!
- avocado toast every morning. half a hass avocado + lemon juice + salt & pepper smashed together on ezekial bread. fills me up and good for the diet!
- The Nix, but on page 20. need to make more time to read!
- ugh, I am the least introspective person of all time! i think i need to take more time to be grateful and realize how lucky I am! I need to work on acknowledging my blessings daily and continue to live life with a positive attitude! also – I really want to learn how to meditate but seeing as I suffer from ADD and lack focus, I am in for a struggle. but positive attitude – I can do it!