In the spirit of Spring and new beginnings, I narrowed down this month’s picks to six brands that I recently learned about. If they’re new household names for you too, prepare to be amazed (and for this month’s paycheck to disappear, Houdini style).
- Floral Top (Anna October, $239) – This number is a triple threat: great cut, great patterns, great details. It’s feminine and romantic and very much wanted in my closet.
- Crochet Bathing Suit (She Made Me, $200) – Love me some good crochet swimwear – especially this one-piece, which can double as a top if you pair with some denim.
- Sunglasses (Kaleos, $210) – These sunnies are what Ciara was referring to when she sang about something being “funky fresh.” Barcelona-based eyewear brand Kaleos refers to itself as the “eyehunter” and I now refer to myself as the hunted.
- Balloon Sleeve Dress (Pixie Market, $124) – I recently discovered this exclusively online and extremely well priced e-commerce site and am a BIG fan. I’m very into the Rosie Assoulin-meets-my-wallet vibes this dress is giving me.
- White Jeans (Industry Standard, $125) – I know what you’re thinking: white jeans, real original. But Industry Standard is changing the denim game with their affordable jeans engineered for the perfect fit. Say what?! Monogramming option? Well butter my bottom and call me a biscuit!
- Leather Loafers (Sabah, $190) – These Turkish leather slippers do what every other shoe doesn’t: they look better as they age. I’m currently living in my rose-colored pair.