so let me make your week. (you're welcome).
1. we're running a hol bouquet buy one, get one free promotion this entire week. meaning, you send your favorite person our $45 bouquet and you get to send a COMPLETELY FREE bouquet to your next favorite person. i repeat, send two bouquets for the price of one! we will NEVER run this promotion again so I suggest you jump on it if you're reading this and spread the word! a little bit about our bouquets and our bouquet deliveries:
- what: our fresh floral bouquets come wrapped in kraft paper, tied with twine and a small message card, inside a white, ceramic hobnail vase. our bouquets change daily, so bouquets will vary depending on order date this week (we only deliver fresh florals). deliveries will take place wednesday, friday, and saturday of this week - although we can deliver on days not mentioned for an extra price (see our FAQs for more information on deliveries).
- when: for any and all bouquet orders placed from october 23-october 28.
- why: our bouquets being a new venture, we're eager to increase bouquet awareness, just in time for the holidays! the more people we send to, the more people know, the more people love them.
- price: $45, excluding delivery fees (for first bouquet - second is free).
ORDER YOUR BOUQUETS HERE. PLACE AN ORDER FOR ONE BOUQUET AND IN THE MESSAGE BOX, INCLUDE TWO SHORT MESSAGES AND TWO ADDRESSES. WE'LL CONFIRM DELIVERY DATE AND MESSAGE/DELIVERY INFORMATION WITHIN A FEW HOURS.
2. this year, our holiday trunk show is scheduled for Friday, December 2, and Saturday, December 3, from 10am-6pm (location currently in the works). we throw this event with Ana Mari Ortega every year and it's always a pretty fabulous event. it's an all day holiday shopping affair (meaning stop by whenever you want) with snacks, holiday gift box/bouquet/wreath pre-orders, and jewelry/handbag sales. we're offering free delivery on any orders placed at the holiday trunk show so make sure to stop by for some holiday cheer. :)
3. onto more personal discussions,
- I am reading: Eligible (yes, still reading this. it's actually a great book I just juggle three books at a time and am working my way through it. would highly suggest if you're a huge Pride & Prejudice fan - modern take on the novel); Magnolia (because i'm obsessed with Chip and Joanna Gaines and their relationship and journey); and the Law of Attraction (i'm always reading a book like this - helps the soul. if you'd ever like to discuss the law of attraction, seriously email me - it's one of my favorite deep conversations).
- Dinner this week: Sunday: risi e fagioli; Monday: ground beef picadillo (personal recipe); Tuesday: brown sugar chicken from the Seasoned Life; Wednesday: ground turkey tacos a la my husband; Thursday: sun dried tomato pasta with chicken meatballs from what's gaby cooking (great cooking blog).
- our house renovations: follow me on instagram and stay tuned with my home reno stories. getting there!!
- finally, having a one year old is more difficult than a newborn (fyi). which makes me zero nervous about having my daughter in a few months. so there's a silver lining to having a second child.
update on the recipes from the last weekly dinner i posted about...
Sunday: Ina Garten's spaghetti and meatballs - THE BEST. ALWAYS. HIGHLY SUGGEST.
Monday: traditional cuban chicken vaca frita - ALWAYS DELIVERS. VERY GOOD. I'D BE HAPPY TO SHARE THIS RECIPE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE IT.
Tuesday: pre-made turkey burger patties from the Whole Foods butcher - EHHH. WE DON'T HAVE A GRILL YET SO THIS WAS OK.
Wednesday: chicken marsala (a friend's recipe). THIS WAS VERY GOOD. I'D BE HAPPY TO SHARE THE RECIPE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS!
Thursday: shrimp and grits from Ayesha Curry's cookbook. THE BABY LOVED THIS. AND IS A GREAT (AND EASY) SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE FOR HOME COOKING.