cristie will add to this post her fabulous trip to portland, oregon. but for now, you get the pleasure of MY SUPER EXCITING currently for the month of august. brace yourselves, friends. if this summer is indicative of a slow season, i'm going into hiding this weekend because it's about to get crazy around these parts. our fall collection launches mid-september so we've been busy sourcing new product and fine tuning our new gift boxes. and yes, the holidays are around the corner but i'm holding off on thinking about 'cinnamon spice peanuts' for the time being (i can barely wrap my head around summer being over!).
some shop news to share:
our first August weekend workshop is this saturday at 11:00am! we've still got a few open seats and you can sign up via this link.
we're opening up the shop for flower + gift sales from 12:30-3pm, right after the workshop - perfect for anyone in need of weekend florals and gifts!
and we'll be at the creative cove from 3-7 at their makers market popup, right after that!
that's a whole 9 hours you can hang with us, arrange florals with us, or buy flowers or gifts from us! we hope to see you. xx
melanie is currently...
- ASANA. i.e., the only way we (i) function. we separate our tasks by day and assign different projects to different team members. and once they're done, you check the box off. it's been a life saver for a company like ours that juggles so many different projects at one time.
- our new inventory - we're sourcing a ton of new, awesome stuff for fall. including cured meats, small batch canned pickles (am i the only person that gets excited for this stuff?), to name a few.
- this face wash. i had a few samples here at home and i honestly, can't get enough of it. it also might seem pricey but all chanel skin products last me AN ENTIRE YEAR. literally. that's not a joke. a little goes a long way so it might basically be the best money you've ever spent.
- this face toner. THE BEST. my skin has changed for the best because of it. we sell it at the shop if anyone is ever in need!
- shopping - reallyyy need to find time to do this. and it is simply a lack of time to actually shop. any spare time is spent with my children and my husband and neither one of them would behave accordingly after ten minutes at the mall. i also feel like i need some type of shopping instructional after not actively shopping for 2 years of pregnancies. but i am into fashion and clothing so if i had about 5 hours of "melanie shopping time", i'd have a new wardrobe in no time. need to manifest this.
- organizing - just bought this book and am hoping to purge unnecessary energies out of our spaces.
- alexander's first day of preschool next monday! seriously, where does the time go?
- million dollar listing NYC (obviously)
- beat bobby flay
- real housewives of OC
- real housewives of dallas (next week!!!)
- shahs of sunset (side note - i was 5 feet from reza this weekend in the ocean on miami beach and i am BEATING MYSELF UP FOR NOT TALKING TO HIM. because we would have totally been bffs after).
- GAME OF THRONES - i mean, what else should we live for! i'm not feeling the awkward khaleesi/john snow attraction because they're related and i'm so over the "related person hook ups" on the show. i'm also over the constant horse murdering (yes, this is actually a constant topic of conversation for me and cristie). but, i am looking forward to finding out how they're planning on convincing a dead walker to travel with them to visit cersei. seriously, what is there to watch once this show is over?!
- ozarks - was not into this. fyi. for anyone attempting to watch this soon.
- foyer revamp by orchard + olive
- gallery wall add-ons by orchard + olive
- living room revamp by orchard + olive (i constantly turn to lauren at orchard + olive because she's my good friend, is super talented, and there is nothing more exhilarating than finishing projects at home)
- these flats (although they only have small sizes!)
- clothes (see "thinking about" above)
- abraham hicks radio - this is my law of attraction/spirituality jam.
- podcasts galore!! the longest shortest time, how I built this, that's so retrograde, the lively show (sometimes).
- itunes radio - charting now radio!
- these days, too much power pizza.
- we just made the three meat lasagna from what's gaby cooking. i mean, veal, beef, and pork. AND BECHAMEL. is there anything better?! i actually recommend cooking the meat and then sticking it through a food processor if you have one instead of buying the meat already ground.
- baby food - not eating this (margot is) but i've been making a ton of different varieties for her every weekend. i didn't get to do this with alexander because i was pregnant by the time he started eating solids (INSERT "I CANT WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS" FACE EMOJI) and the texture grossed me out. my mom made most of his meals.
- currently taking a reading vacation because i'm 95 and can barely get through a bravo show without zonking out.
- spirituality - always. i tried waking up at 5am to meditate about 4 months ago and i haven't woken up later since (except on the weekends!). i'm up anywhere between 5-5:30, i read some and i meditate, and i'm prepping my babies' milk and coffee by 6:15am. we're at the flower market by 8am every day and on days when i'm out the door early, it's nice to have time to wake up and unwind (and hang with the babes).
- living my best life. ALWAYS.
- making shutterfly albums from the several professional photos we've invested in for the kids over the past year (this is part of june/july's "working on" and i'm ashamed it's still here -_-)
cristie is currently...
- portland! i just came back from a trip to the northwest and i could of spent a whole month exploring the area. so much fun, so much greenery, nature, and fresh air!!!! not to mention the amazing food, bars and overall vibe of the city. the time to go is def the summer as the weather is truly glorious.
- budgeting. def need to do this sooner rather than later! i avoid these 'grown adult' situations all day but it's necessary!
- game of thrones - best television ever!!!! every episode leaves me like woah and than melanie and i debrief for a solid 30 minutes on monday. i can't get enough of jon snow! #winterishere
- million dollar listing - because steve gold looks like jon snow.
- to seriously purge my closet and my home. like throw away everything. once i have done this i can buy.......
- new sunglasses. needs to happen.
- new clothes in general but i typically can't shop in august/september due to the heat.
- dolly parton randomly. i love her!
- bitch sesh podcast. hilarious - i highly recommend if you are a bravo fan.
- bombay darbar - indian food is amazing.
- starting my hello fresh this week! let's see how this goes
- i bought 'player one' at an airport and haven't touched it. let's see if we can get through a chapter before next week.
- learning to cook! hello fresh, i am looking at you.
- budgeting - just making better choices in my monetary life.